Here are 5 layering tips to help you jump into autumn fashion with confidence.
1. MIX DIFFERENT TEXTURES & FABRICS
- Mixing different textures makes layering more fun and can create a sense of balance too. If you love putting together whole outfits in one signature colour like our head-to-toe neutral look below, incorporating a few different textures adds depth to your outfit. We've layered our Ecru Nancy sweat (coming soon)
over a White Mabel Low Crew
and paired them with neutral cords to mix up the Autumnal textures.
2. INVEST IN VERSATILE PIECES
- Wardrobe staples like our multi-tasking Breton t's
or one of our best-selling Nancy sweats
worn with a comfortable pair of jeans can form the basis of so many layered looks. Getting key pieces that feel comfortable, wash well and make you feel happy is the key to finding layering fun and not a chore.
3. GOT A LONG-SLEEVE TOP IN EVERY COLOUR? - WEAR 2+ AT ONCE!
When we find something we love, it is so tempting to buy it in every available colour. Now that autumn is here, you can really justify that decision by layering two or more of those tops together. I've been known to layer up to 3 Audrey's
at a time when it is very cold but until then, I'm layering a couple of Maya's
4. PLAY WITH LENGTHS - It's tempting to create layered looks with shortest layer at the bottom and longest at the top. However, wearing a short jacket or tank over a longer top can alter the proportions of an outfit and provide flattering coverage to mid-section areas you may feel self-conscious about.
5. DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET YOUR LAYERS SHOW
A long sleeve style, such as Nora, Nancy or Arabella
looks great layered over a shirt and, if you don't fancy tucking it in, let your shirt tails show. This adds depth and texture to your laid-back layered look.
WhyLayering is More Sustainable
We talk about layering a lot because it is one of the best ways to make the most of the items in your wardrobe.
We hope these tips will inspire you to experiment a bit more this autumn, because if you can layer like a pro, it's makes it easier to create a wardrobe of hardworking basics that you will enjoy wearing in new ways season after season.